Friday, February 13, 2015

Venison Burgers

With my hunting father-in-law and brother-in-law, we tend to get an influx of fresh and frozen venison. What to do with all this venison?

Homemade burgers.

Before starting my patties, I begin by putting together pretzel buns that are continually big hits in my house. My go-to pretzel bun recipe is from Lady Behind the Curtain.

I then put together my panade mixture. Taking this extra step when making burger patties will keep your burgers from being too dry and/or falling apart. I put two slices of white bread, torn to pieces, and ¼ c milk into a glass casserole dish. A large bowl would work perfectly fine, too.I've learned to mix my patties in a casserole dish because once I combine the rest of the ingredients and the meat I'm able to use a fork and divide my patties up equally right in the dish for easy forming. 

I then combine the bread and milk together until they form a paste. I then add  two tsp garlic powder, one tsp onion powder, one tbsp Worcestershire sauce, two tbsp olive oil, one tsp dried oregano, and ground pepper to taste into my dish. Finally, I add my one pound of ground venison and mix it all together. 

Then, I divided my meat mixture into six even patties and grilled!





Panade Mixture:
2 slices of white bread, torn to pieces
¼ c milk

Meat:
1 lb ground venison
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
Ground pepper to taste

In a large bowl, make panade by combining milk and bread together to make a paste. Then, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
Divide the mixture into sixths and make six patties.

No comments:

Post a Comment