Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Review of Reign

A new historical drama, Reign, came onto the scenes in 2013, which means it hit Netflix in 2014. Historical dramas are one of my favorite types of tv shows and I tend to get rather passionate about them. Reign chronicles the teen years of Mary Queen of Scots during one of my favorite times of English history.


Here is my official review of Reign, season one:

I would give it 2.5 out of 5 stars. It was very teen directed, which I would not have mind if it was for the integration of modern day music into the show. The creators did this to the point of having orchestras playing hip-hop in the background. It was very jarring and unappreciated. Worse than that was the skewing of historical facts. Not only did they change the names of important players, but they portrayed some situations completely incorrect. The attempts to create the inaccurate drama was poorly covered by having the characters say such things as "if we claim it so then that is how history will remember it."

I was not impressed and by the end of the season I was very disappointed.



All opinions and reviews given in this article are 100% my own. I received no compensation for this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment