Sunday, October 13, 2013

Clean or Dirty?

"Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty?"

 This is the question that can be heard echoing through the house ten times or more a day. The worst part of it is, between me and my mother-in-law both being scatter-brained, there may not be an answer! So instead of wasting any more water, money, and time, I went digging in my small basket of wonders.


This is the handful of crafting supplies that I didn't put away in storage. It's the items I deemed necessary for life (crafting life, at least), such as my glue gun.  I dug and dug until I found my button magnets.


I then took a gander in my scrapbooking box. It's in a flat box with a clear front so I won't forget what's in there...and maybe get a little inspired when I glance at it!


I pulled out two cut outs left from the remnants of a scrapbooking set I bought on sale at Walmart.


Then I turned my attention to another box of mine. This once containing stickers and stamping materials for scrapbooking.


Since I'm not a huge fan of my handwriting, I found my basic letter stamps and my black Martha Stewart ink cartridge (both bought on sale at Walmart). 


When stamping, I use the lid of an old ink cartridge to hold my letters. You can do a word or so at a time, you keep your hands cleaner, and you're less likely to smudge.


I stamp my words and then pull out my handy-dandy glue stick to attach the button magnets.


And now they're ready to slap onto the dishwasher! If you have a plastic dishwasher (like our old, cheap one) you can make an additional little sign that says "The dishes in the dishwasher are..." and stick it on the fridge and simply replace clean or dirty when appropriate.



That was my quick morning craft! If you have any questions, please ask them. I'm new at giving tutorials and would love any tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment